Startex provides exploration update on Dalafin gold project, Senegal
AA – Stratex International Plc, the AIM-quoted exploration and development company focused on gold and base metals in Turkey, East Africa and West Africa and in Turkey, where it holds a 45%-interest in a producing gold mine, is pleased to provide an exploration update on its 85%-owned Dalafin gold project (“Dalafin” or the “Project”) in eastern Senegal.
- Infill soil sampling at the Faré prospect has extended the Faré South anomaly
(>30 ppb) by at least 750 metres to the south-west;
- 1,250 m NW-trending anomaly (10-60 ppb) identified in Grid 1, to the east of
- Outcrop sampling at the Baytilaye prospect has returned best results of 1.6 g/t Au from Baytilaye East and 1.37 g/t Au, 1.23 g/t Au, and 0.92 g/t Au from Baytilaye West;
- All data, including previous positive drill results for Madina Bafé, currently being reviewed with a view to further exploration.
Bob Foster, Stratex Chief Executive Officer commented: “The ongoing exploration at Dalafin has delivered some encouraging results, most notably the potential south-west extension of the Faré Zone and the newly identified zones of mineralisation in the Baytilaye prospect. These two targets, plus the wide zone of mineralisation previously identified in the Madina Bafé prospect, merit further investigation and ultimately will need to be drill-tested. Not surprisingly, given its location, in the heart of the gold-endowed Kédougou-Kéniéba Inlier, our exploration is continuing to demonstrate the prospectivity of the Dalafin licence area.”
- Previous Mbeya Coal to Power Project commences with formal EPC bid processes
- Next Zambia shortlists bidders for 100 MW of solar projects