Oxygen8 South Africa implements BlockFraud technology to combat mobile billing fraud on all South African mobile carrier networks
US-Based Technology Company’s Anti-Fraud Solutions Responsible for Dramatic Reduction of Fraudulent Activity on All South African Mobile Carrier Networks
AA – Oxygen8 South Africa, an intermediary company that facilitates billing services between content providers and mobile carriers, is pleased to announce its recent implementation of mobile billing anti-fraud software. In a plight to maintain ongoing service improvement and protect consumer rights and ethical behavior in the mobile services market, we improved our fraud protection systems.
For the past two weeks, Oxygen8 South Africa has implemented software developed by US-based technology company, BlockFraud, designed to eliminate several of the most significant and pervasive forms of mobile billing fraud in existence, with spectacular results. The end benefits of Oxygen8 South Africa’s utilization of these anti-fraud solutions, BlockFraud’s IFrame Blocker and Block Fraud Monitor, are as follows:
- Complete elimination of malicious iframing and malware across all South African mobile carrier networks.
- Identification of major ad network currently distributing malware which auto-subscribes users to services without their consent.
- Identification of more than 300,000 mobile devices infected with malware that were causing latency and other delays due to fake subscriptions bogging down Oxygen8 South Africa’s systems.
- Reduced company workflow due to eradication of fraudulent activity, which in-turn reduces customer service complaints and tracking issues.
- Increased transparency between Oxygen8 South Africa and partners due to improved clarity regarding traffic quality.
“The proprietary technology BlockFraud has developed to combat mobile billing fraud worldwide is unsurpassed,” says Massimo Cristini, CEO of BlockFraud. “The results currently being experienced by Oxygen8 South Africa, whilst impressive, are not a surprise to us, and to be expected when implementing our anti-fraud solution. We are honored by the appreciation Oxygen8 South Africa has expressed, and feel these results speak for themselves.”
These results, which are being directly attributed to BlockFraud’s anti-fraud solutions, have significantly strengthened Oxygen8 South Africa’s carrier relationships while placing the company in good standing with the latest Fraud Detection and Mitigation processes set by the Wireless Application Service Providers’ Association (WASPA).
“The anti-fraud solutions provided by BlockFraud have exceeded our expectations on all fronts,” says Dhavelin Chetty, Operations Manager of Oxygen8 South Africa. “The immediate and overwhelming effectiveness of these solutions, coupled with the ease of implementation and operation, has made our decision to work with BlockFraud an obvious and vastly beneficial choice on several levels, and is something we strongly recommend for anyone who operates within the mobile carrier billing space.”
- Previous DNV GL: a cleaner, more electrified world is within reach by 2050
- Next MEST announce MD to help scale tech incubator and training program across Africa